Dana and team proudly make a $16,500.00 donation to the Port Perry Hospital Foundation, raised through a Silent Auction and Celebration for the store's 25th Anniversary. This and sales of the annual Custom Designed Ornament to date have raised $79,865 for the local Hospital.
Store owner, Dana Smith was born and raised in Port Perry and she values the importance of her community and takes every opportunity to give back to those that support her.
As a proactive member of the business community Dana has donated her time and energy to many organizations, Area Development projects, local fundraisers and charitable organizations. She is a member of the Scugog Chamber of Commerce and for 15 years was the Director for the Port Perry Business Improvement Association.
Another initiative has been to the Dragon Flies Dragon Boat Festival where proceeds from her one of a kind Dragonfly Pendant and Brooches has raised over $7,000 benefiting local women fighting Breast Cancer. She is also a member of the Sistoars Dragon Boat Team for the past 10 years who also give generously to the same cause.
Dana was a key contributor in the fundraising efforts of the Second Ice Pad at the Scugog Arena, the Restoration of the Town Hall 1873 and the Expansion of the Scugog Memorial Library.
Other local charitable organizations that Dana supports include but not limited to:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Durham
- Rotary Club
- Durham Children’s Aid Foundation
- Precious Minds
- Hearth Place
- Community Living of North Durham
- Durham Hospice
- Animal Shelter for Uxbridge-Scugog
- McHappy Day
- Tim Horton’s Camp Day
- Local Sponsorships and Fundraisers
In recognition of all of her efforts Dana is honoured to have received the following awards:
- 2 Time Business of the Year Award by the Scugog Chamber of Commerce (1999 and 2012)
- Paul Harris Rotary Award (2012): In recognition of her significant contribution to the community both personally and professionally.
- The Certificate of Appreciation Award from the Port Perry Business Improvement Association: Excellence in business activities and exceptional contribution to the community of Scugog Township.
- Mayors Honour Roll 2013
- Selected as Pan Am Torchbearer by the Scugog Chamber of Commerce in the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games Torch Relay as the person who most embodies the core characteristics of the Torch Relay: community, celebration, participation and pride.
- Selected as "Central Canadian Retailer of the Year" in 2014 by the Canadian Jewellery Group
- 2017 Named Top 50 Designer Retailers in North America by JCK (Jewellers Circular Keystone)